Are you looking for a different stuffing recipe this Thanksgiving? This might be it. Pomegranate and Herb Stuffing with an amazing taste and even a better aroma that will make you feel warm and comfy.
Learn how to identify the REAL causes of your gut problems.
- One loaf bread, such as sour dough or whole wheat French bread, diced into about 1/2 inch cubes
- ¼ c olive oil and 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped small
- 2 celery stalks, chopped small
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 c low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 tbsp grass-fed butter
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate, about 1.5 cups of loose seeds
- Toss bread cubes with 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt. Place in one layer on a cookie sheet and toast in a toaster over or broil in the oven until golden. Set aside.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a medium size pan. Saute the onions and celery until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the herbs, chicken stock, and butter. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the bread cubes and pomegranate seeds in an oven safe pan. Slowly add the hot liquid and mix gently. Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes.
Is there such a thing as too much pomegranates on Thanksgiving dinner? I think not. Try this Pomegranate Glazed Smoked Turkey Breast recipe.
I hope you have a great weekend! Happy Thanksgiving!
2 thoughts on “Pomegranate and Herb Stuffing”
A delicious twist on stuffing that goes really well with turkey – great recipe!
Pingback: My Registered Dietitian Buddies Favorite Thanksgiving Veggie Dishes You Gotta Make
Comments are closed.