I can’t believe it’s Friday already. This week seemed to have passed very quickly. I guess that happens with a long holiday weekend and a busy full schedule.
On Saturday, we took the kids in their first ever bike trailer ride. Despite the heat and humidity, we had a great time. It’s been a while since the last time I rode my bike, but I’ve been diligently going to cycle classes in the gym and I noticed a difference in my strength and endurance. My husband hauled the kids–I can’t say he enjoyed the ride as much as I did though. Khaled was amazed by the whole thing and kept looking for me, while Zayd fell asleep!
Learn how to identify the REAL causes of your gut problems.
We had our potluck family barbecue on Sunday and we contributed this salsa, along with mac and cheese. Yes, you read it right. I’ll share that recipe one day. Thanks to my sister-in-law for letting me use her kitchen placemats for my picture!
If grilled corn is not possible, use frozen or canned. You can also microwave fresh corn. I place the ears in a ziplock bag (I do worry about the chemicals in plastic getting into the food so I don’t use this method often), poke a couple of holes, then microwave for 2 minutes for EACH ear.
Now to the recipe…. this is the first time I use this plug-in, so let me know if you think its better or easier to read than the old-fashioned manual way.
|Grilled Corn and Mango Salsa||
- 2 ears of corn, peeled
- Olive oil
- 1 mango, diced
- 5 tomatoes on the vine, diced
- 1/4 of medium size red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice of half a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the corn in water for 30 minutes. Drain and pat dry. With a brush, rub olive oil on the corn.
- Place the corn on the grill (on high) and rotate every 4 minutes a quarter turn until all sides are cooked. Don’t let them burn!
- In a bowl, mix the diced mangoes, tomatoes, red onion, and cilantro.
- Let the corn cool a little bit. Hold the ear of corn on its end on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, cut downwards to get the kernels. Don’t splatter!
- Add the corn kernels to the remaining ingredients. Drizzle the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Have a great weekend,