In trying to experiment with gluten-free and low FODMAP baking, I created this recipe for these absolutely delicious banana muffins. I was so surprised! It was my first time baking gluten-free and they were so yummy – not to mention a crowd pleaser with my family! These are proof that baking gluten-free and with natural sugar doesn’t have to be boring and unsatisfying. I can’t wait to make these again. I suggest using frozen bananas since they will be very ripe and sweet, and you won’t need to use as much sugar or any type of sweetener.
Learn how to identify the REAL causes of your gut problems.
All ingredients are tested in MRT. If you’re not reactive to them, great! If you are, make substitutions and experiment until you get the perfect muffin that works for YOU! Contact me if you need help.
Gluten-Free Low FODMAP Banana Muffins Recipe
- 1.5 c almond flour/meal
- 1.5 c brown rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- 1/4 c water
- 2 frozen bananas
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a 12-muffin tray with muffin paper.
- Combine almond flour, rice flour, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, and water.
- Microwave bananas for 30 seconds once or twice. Peel and mash in a bowl. Fold into the muffin mix.
- Spoon into the muffin tray. Bake for 30 minutes until golden or a toothpick comes out dry
Have you ever baked with almond flour/meal? How did you like it?